Thursday, May 19, 2011

Life on Skye

So - what can I tell you about my (Sue's) week. It's been cold, and wet, and fairly blowy up here in skye! But still spectacular, as the scenery here is amazing, even in horizontal sleet!

Am feeling quite proud of myself for being brave enough to get all the way up here on my own - but as you probably are aware by now, can be a pretty determined lady when motivated!

Must confess, in Harrogate, until relatively recently, I didnt even like to go into a cafe on my own for a morning coffee; but in the last week, have driven half the length of the UK; stayed in 5 different hotels, been on three solo walks in the hills, and  made contact with several old friends on Skye. This really is a beautiful place - I can SO see why Matt loved it - I bought a book of walks today, and will be back here next May to try some of them out.

Hopefully some  family and friends might like to join me too.

Keep watching Sarah & Rick's exploits in the Pyrennees with me

Love
Sue x

2 comments:

  1. Sue, I love solo time. I'm all for solo coffeeshop dates and heading out for a walk/cycle on my own-some lonesome. But as for a walking holiday in Skye with you and the lovely Elliott clan, I'd love that too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aunty Sue, Unfortunately we probably wont be able to make it to Skye next May (we will probably be longing for some horizontal sleet by then too!), but are certainly hoping to get up there before October. If you want a change from solo time and fancy some time around lots of other people in London let us know... Tom xx

    ReplyDelete